Thursday, October 13, 2011

On Yeo Valley


I've never heard of Yeo Valley  before, but after seeing these spots, I will certainly remember them. 


There's a lot of hate out there on boy bands and cheesy rap groups.  People are annoyed with advertisements featuring silly songs, which I completely understand.  I'll be the first to say if I never see another Kia hamster it will be too soon. (side rant- blows my mind that someone somewhere said "I know! Let's have giant hamsters dressed like gangsters, and they'll rap and drive in toasters!" And some CEO in a suit said "I love it! Let's do it!" but that is a whole other blog rant in and of itself) As annoying as these spots may be, you can't deny they stick with you.  They are annoyingly catchy. We may protest, but there's something about music that just resonates.  Find me someone who can't immediately identify with Baby, Bye Bye Bye or Friday.  It's impossible. 


Personally, I grew up in the era of boy bands and I'm not ashamed to say I MmmBopped with the best of them.  Whether you love the boy bands or love to hate the boy bands, sometimes the best way to get a message out is via song.  I mean, the chances of someone convincing me to listen to 30 seconds to a minute about organic milk while some spokesperson tells me why this milk is better than my current processed and polluted non-organic milk- slim to none.  But give me 4 stubble-faced dudes in matching v-necks, you can have my 30 seconds.  In fact, I'll give you a full two minutes to serenade me as to how this new brand of milk will better my lifestyle.  I was even compelled to search for them online to figure out what exactly or who exactly they were. (It's actually a pretty neat website for an organic dairy company) I'm not one to be in the target market for organic anything, but sing me a catchy tune, and you will have my undivided attention.


You can check out the new Yeo Valley spot along with some of my favorite musical advertisements below.  They may be cheesy, but tell me you don't enjoy these commercials.  I dare you.


Mood: Reminiscent Tween/90s Boy-bandy















No comments:

Post a Comment